Angelonia 'Cherry Red' Archangel
- Flowers are vibrant against glossy dark green foliage
- Very heat tolerant
- Hardy until first frost
- The biggest blooms of any angelonia series!
- Thrives in extreme heat, humidity and drought.
- Uniform habit and flowering time for easy, high-density production.
- Well-branched plants ship with less breakage, tangling and shrinkage.
- Cherry Red and Blue Bicolor allow for a great patriotic mix with White.
- Works well in quarts, gallons and mixed containers.
The most notable color breakthrough in angelonia the first red in the class! It offers the darkest red in high light and cool temperatures, with a more watermellon tone in the greenhouse or diffused light. Combine with White and Blue Bicolor for a great patriotic mix. Best for: 4 and 6-in. (10 and 15-cm) pots
The biggest blooms in a heaven-sent garden superstar! Strong even in extreme heat, humidity and drought. Archangel boasts big blooms, vibrant colors and glossy, dark green foliage for huge Summer impact at retail, in landscapes, and in mixed and mono containers. It’s easy to produce following standard culture and suitable for high-density production. Striking Archangel attracts pollinators, so it feeds the bees, but is also deer-resistant, so it stands tall in the garden.
Growing and Maintenance Tips for Angelonia
Plant in full sun.
Very heat tolerant and accepting of a wide range of soil conditions.
Hardy until frost. Little fertilization required.
Bloom Time: Summer, Late Summer
Additional InformationHeight: 12-14 in
Spread: 10-12 in
Hardiness Zone: 10a-11
Intro Year: 2017 Color: Red
Detailed Description for Angelonia 'Cherry Red'
Check back soon for additional details.