Alternanthera 'Purple Prince'
- Beautiful burgundy-purple leaves with ruby-rose underside
- Stands tough in heat and humidity
- Low water needs
43 Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish:7 to 8 weeks
- First compact seed alternanthera is an easy-to-grow alternative to vegetative varieties.
- Durable carpet of ruby/burgundy foliage is ready to take on any Summer condition including drought and rain. Imagine this unique color accent in large cityscapes and as a “spiller” in high-impact containers!
- Great in low-maintenance landscapes for professionals and home gardeners alike.
- May flower under very short days; light plants at that time of year to prevent bud formation.
Growing and Maintenance Tips for Alternanthera
Best in full to partial sun.
In deep shade, the leaves will be more green.
Plant after last frost. Little fertilization required.
Additional InformationHeight: 10-16 in
Spread: 18-20 in
Hardiness Zone: 9-11
Intro Year: 2018
Detailed Description for Alternanthera 'Purple Prince'
Check back soon for additional details.